Just because you’re trying to eat more healthy doesn’t mean you need to give up on delicious treats altogether. In fact, responsible indulgence can actually make your diet more sustainable in the long run. Without further ado, here are ten delish dessert recipes that will satisfy your sweet tooth without derailing your healthy eating goals:
- Sunrise Tropical Fruit Salad With Coconut Chia Cream: Satisfy your 3 p.m. sugar cravings with this delectably refreshing fruit salad that tastes like summer bliss in a bowl. What’s more, the easy-to-make treat is loaded with essential nutrients like vitamins A and C, potassium, magnesium, iron and dietary fiber. Need I say more? Here’s the full recipe. These recipes for Healthy Fruit Salad with Citrus Mint Dressing and Sugar-Free Strawberry Pretzel Salad are also highly recommended.
- Cherry Avocado Chocolate Mousse: This rich, velvety mousse is packed with heart-healthy fats and antioxidants thanks to avocado and cherries. Plus, it contains no refined sugar making it a sumptuously healthy ending to your repast. If you aren’t a fan of cherries, no worries, simply swap it out with fresh or frozen berries of your choice. Get the dairy-free dessert recipe here.
- Frozen Yogurt Bark with Blueberries and Almonds: Loaded with protein, calcium, magnesium and vitamin C, this refreshing, berry-studded dessert will satisfy your sweet tooth without giving you a sugar crash later. Though the recipe uses almonds and blueberries, you can trade them for any toasted nuts and seasonal fruits combo of your choice—like cherries and pecans or pomegranate and pistachios. Here’s the original recipe.
- Sugar-Free Cottage Cheese Parfait With Berries: Creamy cottage cheese perfectly complements the tartness of berries in this delicious, naturally sweetened healthy treat that you can enjoy both as a dessert and breakfast. Plus, it takes barely five minutes (and minimal culinary prowess) to put it together. What’s not to like? Get the recipe here. You might also like these recipes for Key Lime Yogurt Parfait with Granola and Low-Sugar Strawberry Cheesecake Parfait.
- Skinny Low Sugar Strawberry Muffins: Fluffy and tender with a burst of sweetness from ripe strawberries in every bite, these scrumptious muffins will satisfy even the sweetest of sweet tooths. You can trade refined sugar with honey or maple syrup to make the recipe healthier. Get the original recipe here. I also recommend these delish recipes for Skinny Banana Bread Muffins and Low-Sugar Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins.
- No-Sugar Cookie Dough Dip: If you like cookie dough as much as I do, you’re going to absolutely love this healthier twist on the classic treat that gets its natural sweetness from dates. Made with that gets its natural sweetness from dates. Nuff said. Get the complete recipe here.
- Strawberry Blueberry Coconut Water Popsicles: These refreshing, naturally sweet popsicles will help you cool down after a long day while giving you a Vitamin C-boost. I like to throw in some raspberries and mint too—to pack in more flavor. Get the original recipe here. For a vegan version, swap honey in the recipe with maple syrup or date syrup. You might also want to check out this recipe for Pineapple, Mint and Coconut Water Pops.
- Dark Chocolate Pistachio Bliss Bites: These crunchy, dairy-free bliss bites will hit the spot as your on-the-go snack as well as post-dinner sweet. Plus, it takes as little as 15 minutes to whip up a batch of these healthy treats. Check out the easy-peasy recipe here. You might also want to try this scrumptious Dark Chocolate Bark with Nuts and Orange Zest recipe.
- Skinny Mixed Berry Pie: With a crispy fathead lattice top and a berrilicious filling underneath, no one would be able to guess that this decadent and (seemingly) sinful dessert is both low-carb and free of added sugars. Check out the keto-friendly recipe here.
- Coffee Chocolate Chip Blondies: Made with better-for-you ingredients like whole wheat flour and coconut sugar, these chewy treats will make you fall in love with them at first bite. Don’t believe me? Try the recipe yourself. I also love these recipes for Paleo Chocolate Chip Blondies and Low-Carb Peanut Butter Blondies.
What’s your go-to healthy dessert recipe? LMK in the comments section below.