Easter Sunday is around the corner, and we can all agree it is one of the most precious times of the year, especially for the kids. Each time we can find new recipes and new flavor combinations to surprise our little ones — and sometimes ourselves.
Find below mouthwatering and beautiful desserts to make and serve to your family.
- 1 box Simple Mills Pancake and Waffle Mix
- 5 large eggs
- 1/3 cup almond milk
- 3 tablespoons grapeseed oil or melted coconut oil plus more for cooking
- Strawberries, blueberries, sliced bananas, and shredded carrots
- Mix Simple Mills Pancake and Waffle Mix with eggs, almond milk, and oil until well combined.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil over medium heat in skillet or griddle.
- Add pancake mix, 2 tablespoons at a time. When the pancake begins to bubble up, flip to heat the other side. Keep an eye on it, so it doesn‘t burn.
- Repeat until all batter is cooked. This recipe makes twenty 4“ pancakes.
- Assemble the bunny pancakes by placing one pancake on a plate.
- Cut another pancake in half to make the ears and place behind the first pancake. Using a cookie cutter or shot glass, cut out two circles from another pancake and place circles, side by side, on top of the first pancake as cheeks.
- Top ears with four sliced strawberries.
- Add 2 sliced bananas and blueberries for the eyes.
- Cut the bottoms of 2 strawberries for the nose and mouth.
- Add shredded carrots for whiskers.
- Repeat for all servings. Enjoy!
Carrot Topped Cupcakes
- 1 box Simple Mills Vanilla Cake Mix
- 3 Eggs
- 1/3 cup Grapeseed or Vegetable Oil
- 1/3 Cup Water
- 1 Tbsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp Nutmeg
- 1 1/4 Cups Shredded Carrots
- 1/2 Cup Chopped Walnuts
- 2 Jars Simple Mills Vanilla Frosting
- 12 Carrot tops, washed, then cut away excess greenery
- Preheat oven to 350ºF and grease or paper line a 12 muffin cup tray.
- Follow instructions on the back of the box and mix the cake batter. Fold in shredded carrots and chopped walnuts with a spatula.
- Spoon batter into muffin cups, filling each 2/3 full.
- Bake the cupcakes for 15-20 minutes or until the toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool cupcakes completely in pan on rack. Remove cupcakes from the pan and set them aside.
- Transfer two jars of vanilla frosting into a bowl of a stand mixer.
- Whip frosting on medium with whisk attachment for one minute or until smooth.
- Spoon frosting into your piping bag with the desired tip, or cut the end of the bag. Pipe frosting into the tops of each cupcake.
- Place a carrot top onto the center of each cupcake.