Foodie wows with her cookies and cream WEETBIX recipe for a breakfast treat – but it’s healthier than you think
- A foodie has shared her high-protein recipe for cookies and cream Weetbix
- Miranda Brady, from Perth, outlined the recipe in a now-viral TikTok video
- She mixes Weetbix, almond milk, sweetener and chocolate powder for the base
- Then adds a mix of yoghurt, protein powder and crushed Oreos on the top
- She tops with a ganache made from white chocolate and a dash of almond milk
A foodie has shared a recipe for cookies and cream Weetbix topped with a white chocolate ganache that is high in protein and can be made gluten free.
Miranda Brady, from Perth, demonstrated how to make the breakfast dish in a video posted to her popular TikTok account, Clean Treats.
The viral chef and cookbook author shared the recipe after her previous clip showing the tasty breakfast idea attracted more than 1.3million views and hundreds of comments from people asking how to make it.
Scroll down for video
Perth foodie, Miranda Brady shared her recipe for cookies and cream Weetbix that is high in protein in a video posted to TikTok
Miranda starts by mixing together two Weetbix, almond milk, sweetener and sugar free drinking chocolate.
In a separate bowl, she combines vanilla yoghurt, protein powder and some crushed Oreo crumbs and layers it over the top of the Weetbix mix.
For the ganache, Miranda melts white chocolate, mixes in a dash of almond milk and pours over the top of the yoghurt mix.
Miranda starts by mixing together two Weetbix, almond milk, sweetener and sugar free drinking chocolate, then in a separate bowl, combines vanilla yoghurt, protein powder and some crushed Oreo crumbs
She layers the cream on top of the Weetbix then, for the ganache, mixes melted white chocolate with a dash of almond milk, spoons it on top of the cream and puts the dish in the fridge for at least one hour
She tops with more crushed Oreos and places it in the fridge for at least one hour or overnight.
The Perth foodie said the serving has 31 grams of protein and only 396 calories.
The recipe can be easily adjusted for the gluten intolerant by using gluten-free Weetbix and Oreos or biscuits.
Recipe: Cookies and Cream Weetbix with vanilla and white chocolate ganache
For the base:
2 Weetbix, crushed (or gluten free Weetbix)
125ml almond milk
1 tbs sweetener (maple syrup or Natvia)
5g sugar-free drinking chocolate (optional)
For the cream:
160g vanilla yoghurt
15g vanilla protein
1-2 Oreo, crushed (or gluten free biscuit)
For the ganache:
10g white chocolate
1 tbs almond milk
1. Crush the Weetbix in a bowl and mix in the almond milk, sweetener and chocolate powder
2. In a separate bowl, mix together yoghurt, protein powder and one crushed Oreo and spread the mixture over the Weetbix
3. Melt the white chocolate in the microwave, mix in the almond milk and spread over the top of the yoghurt
4. Sprinkle over the rest of the crushed Oreo and place in the fridge at an hour minimum or overnight
Miranda’s recipe video has drawn in hundreds of responses from foodies keen to try the recipe for themselves.
‘My work breakfasts are about to get an upgrade,’ one woman wrote.
‘Just made this version but slightly different for tomorrows breaky. It look like a bowl of heaven!!’ said a second.