Cookies are one of the most delicious treats out there. They are the perfect way to please your sweet tooth and fill your tummy. Sure, purchasing cookies from your favorite dessert shop is excellent; however, baking them in your home is even better.
Now, if you are someone looking for the ultimate cookie guide, then you’re at the right place. From cookie types to baking tips, we have covered it all. Scroll down and have a look!
There are loads of different types of cookies you can make. Some of the most popular cookies out there include:
- Bar Cookies: In order to make these cookies, one needs a rectangular pan. They are cut into squares using a cookie cutter. However, make sure the cookie cutter is of good quality. You can find them on websites like Flycalf and more. Moreover, these cookies are pretty easy to bake as they can be baked in one batch.
- Pressed Cookies: These cookies are made by pressing the dough with a cookie press. Moreover, you can easily form different shapes as well.
- Refrigerator Cookies: You need to make these cookies by shaping your dough into long rolls. After that, you need to slice the dough and start baking it. The best part about these cookies is that you can keep them in the refrigerator.
- Rolled Cookies: These do take a while to get prepared; however, they are completely worth it. You need to roll out the chilled dough and cut it into shapes.
- Cutout Cookies: These cookies are made with firm dough and you can make all kinds of shapes as well.
- Biscotti Cookies: Extremely crunchy, these cookies are incredibly delicious.
Decorating cookies is extremely fun and something you will love for sure. You can use icing, sprinkles, frosting, and other stuff in order to decorate your cookies. For instance, if you are baking holiday cookies, you can get green and red colored frosting and decorate your cookies accordingly. The same goes for other occasions such as Halloween or Easter.
The Tools You Need
Now, when it comes to baking cookies, there are a bunch of tools you need. These include:
- A Mixer: The first thing you need is a mixer. This is a must when it comes to making stiff dough or when preparing a large batch of cookies.
- Cookie Cutter: Next up, you need a cookie-cutter. These come in loads of different sizes as well as shapes. For instance, you can get an animal-shaped cookie cutter as well as a fruit-shaped one. The variety is countless!
- Decorating: Lastly, you need decorating tools as well. These are a must in order to give your cookies a great look.
Tips For Baking The Perfect Cookies
Want to bake the perfect cookies? Have a look at some of the tips mentioned down below.
- Don’t Forget To Chill The Cookie Dough
The first thing you need to focus on is to chill your cookie dough if the recipe says so. The thing about chilling your dough is that it will firm it up. This ultimately means that this decreases the chances of overspreading, which is a great pro. Moreover, it also ends up making your dough quite thick, solid and gives it a great flavor as well.
Moving on, cold cookie dough is way easier to handle as well as shape. This is great for beginners who have just started baking. However, make sure to rest your cookie dough at room temperature once it’s out of the refrigerator.
Moreover, you should always chill the cookie dough of your recipe requires a sticky cookie dough.
- Excess Spreading Is A Big No
Another thing you need to make sure of is to prevent excess spreading. Trust me, it can do disasters to your entire batch! Now, in order to do that, you should consider going for a non-stick baking mat.
Moreover, never coat your baking sheet with butter or spray. This will lead to excess spread, and that is something you do not want at all.
It is suggested that you line your baking sheet with silicone mats. They do get greasy. However, you should wash them up after every batch.
Moving in, another thing you need to do is to never place your cookie dough balls directly into a hot baking sheet. Make sure to cool them first. Lastly, never over-mix the cookie dough either. Remember, these small steps play a major role, so you must keep them in mind the next time you are preparing cookies.
Your oven, butter, and eggs’ temperature play a major role in delivering the perfect cookies. Now, in order to get the right oven temperature, you should consider placing an oven thermometer in the center of your oven. This way, you will get to know the right temperature of the oven from the inside.
Moreover, when it comes to your butter and eggs, you need to bring these to room temperature and then add them to the mixture. The reason behind this is that room-temperature ingredients end up delivering a uniform texture, and that is something you do not want to miss out on no matter what.
Another thing you need to focus on is to go one at a time. Always bake a single batch at a time in order to get the perfect result. You will find out where you are lacking and will be able to improve it in the other batch. This way, you will deliver the best cookies ever!
- Add Chopped Chocolate Instead Of Chocolate Chips
Most people end up adding chocolate chips to their cookies, sure there’s nothing with that; however, you’re missing on achieving the perfect gooey texture. By adding chopped chocolate, you will be able to melt them entirely and get the fantastic taste and texture you’ve always wanted. Trust me, this is something you do not want to miss out on for sure!
Wrapping It Up
Make sure to follow this guide the next time you are baking cookies! It will result in being quite beneficial for sure! Need guidelines about adventuresfans.
This content is brought to you by Shahbaz Ahmed.