The flavor in this curry chicken salad is absolutely incredible! Infused with delicious spices and flavors, this twist on your classic chicken salad recipe is going to blow you away!
Chicken salad sandwiches are one of my all-time favorite foods! They are simple and easy and if you love them like me then try out this chicken salad or this one with avocados in it!
Curry Chicken Salad
When I have the chance to mix chicken up with a delicious sauce and serve it on a croissant, I take it! I mean sandwiches are delicious but this curry chicken takes everything to the next level. The sauce is packed with the, I mean THE, most delicious flavors. The curry is what is really the star of the show and when you combine that with some pineapple, cashews and green onion…Well, you have just created the most amazing filling for any sandwich that you’ve ever had!
Not only does this recipe tastes divine and heaven-sent but its so simple to make. It takes less than 10 minutes to put this together and the leftovers are fantastic! So if I were you, I would double the recipe and put some in your fridge. Then, your lunches are taken care of all week long! Once you try this twist on a classic recipe, you won’t ever go back!
What’s in Curry Chicken Salad?
Well, aside from the curry and chicken there are so many delicious ingredients! And most of them you probably have in your kitchen already. Check out the recipe card at the bottom of the post for all of the exact measurements!
- Mayonnaise: Mayonaise is the base of the sald that helps it all mix together.
- Yellow Curry Powder: This curry powder not only gives this salda that signature curry coloring but it is delicious and not too overpowering.
- Onion Powder: This adds an additional flavor to the curry powder and they complement each other well.
- Honey: This adds in a little seeet flavor to balance out the curry.
- Salt and Pepper: Add these in to your liking!
- Chicken: Any kind of cooked and shredded chicken works! I like to use a store-bought rotisserie chicken to make this extra easy.
- Celery: Dice up the celery into small, bite-sized pieces.
- Pineapple: Dices this up to be about the size of pineapple tidbits.
- Optional: Cashew halves and green onions for garnish are optional but they add a great flavor and texture to the chicken salad.
How Do You Make Curry Chicken Salad?
This is the easy part! No cooking or baking or waiting for things to be done! You just combine everything together and voila! You have yourself a delicious meal!
- Mix: Combine all the chicken salad ingredients in a large bowl and set aside.
- Make the Dressing: Add all the dressing ingredients to a medium bowl and whisk until combined.
- Combine: Pour the dressing over the salad ingredients and toss until the chicken is coated well.
- Serve: Serve in sliced croissants, with crackers, or on a bed of lettuce for a gluten-free option. Garnish with more cashews and green onions if you desire!
Tips and Substitutions
This delicious and easy curry chicken salad is one that you can easily change up to fit your needs! Here are some ideas for you:
- Chicken: Use any type of chicken you have on hand. You can use rotisserie, roasted, or even broiled chicken. Whatever you use, chop it up or shred it so it is easy to spread, spoon, and eat.
- Nuts: Cashews are great in this recipe because they complemet the curry so well. But, you can substitute them for walnuts, almonds, or pecans. Roast them for a bit of extra flavor.
- Mayonnaise: If you are not a fan of mayo, you can use sour cream or non-fat Greek yogurt instead.
How to Store Leftovers
This curry chicken salad tastes even better the next day! Once you are done making it, if you have leftovers, then store them in an airtight container and put them in your fridge. This will last for about 4 days.
Make this curry chicken salad a meal and add the best sides to it! The options are endless but I’ve rounded up a few of my favorites that I think go well with it. Try them out and this will be on your list to make over and over again!
Combine all the chicken salad ingredients in a large bowl and set aside.
Add all the dressing ingredients to a medium bowl and whisk until combined.
Pour the dressing over the salad ingredients and toss until the chicken is coated well.
Serve in sliced croissants, with crackers, or on a bed of lettuce for a gluten-free option. Garnish with more cashews and green onions if you desire!
Calories589kcal (29%)Carbohydrates18g (6%)Protein31g (62%)Fat44g (68%)Saturated Fat8g (40%)Polyunsaturated Fat21gMonounsaturated Fat13gTrans Fat1gCholesterol103mg (34%)Sodium655mg (27%)Potassium437mg (12%)Fiber2g (8%)Sugar13g (14%)Vitamin A164IU (3%)Vitamin C15mg (18%)Calcium39mg (4%)Iron3mg (17%)
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe and nutritional value will vary depending on the brands you use, measuring methods and portion sizes per household.
FOLLOW us ON GOOGLE NEWS
Read original article here