The great thing about this finger food recipe is that you need only three ingredients and next-to-no time to whip it up. Crispy, cheesy, healthy and delicious, these bites will be devoured just as quickly and easily…
- 2 cups cauliflower florets (frozen or fresh)
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 egg
- 1/4 tsp oregano (optional)
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder (optional)
- Preheat oven to 190C. Grease a 24-case mini-muffin tin with oil (or use a 12-case muffin tin if you want bigger bites).
- Blanch your cauliflower by placing in a pot of rapidly boiling water. Cook for 5 minutes, then drain and cool. (Alternatively, you can also do this in a microwave by placing the cauliflower florets in a microwave-safe bowl and covering with cling film. Microwave on medium heat for 8 minutes or until your cauliflower is tender.)
- Place cauliflower in a food processor and pulse until it resembles rice. Remove from the processor and drain excess water as best you can.
- Put cauliflower in a large bowl. Add cheese and egg. If you’re adding oregano and garlic then pop them in the bowl along with some salt and pepper to taste. Mix with a spoon until combined.
- Scoop a tablespoon of the mixture into each muffin case (more if you’re using the bigger muffin tin).
- Bake for 15 minutes or until the edges are golden and the middle is no longer soft.
- Remove from the oven to cool, then serve with your favourite dipping sauce (I used sweet chilli and sour cream, but good ol’ tomato sauce will suffice too!)