With Easter upon us, it’s the perfect time to make some chocolate treats without the guilt.
If you don’t want to spend hours in the kitchen and fancy something fun to get the kids involved with, you could try making chocolate cornflake cakes.
The recipe requires just a handful of ingredients plus a topping of your choice, and only takes a few minutes to make as despite their name, no baking is required.
It’s also ideal for using up any leftover Easter chocolate, if there is such a thing…
We’ve also made sure the recipe can be adapted for vegans and anyone who follows a gluten-free diet.
Ingredients (serves 12)
- 200g chocolate (dark chocolate if vegan)
- 4 tbs golden syrup
- 100g butter (dairy free spread if vegan)
- 150g cornflakes
- Mini Eggs, or another topping of your choice
*You will need 12 cupcake cases
- Melt the butter, chocolate and golden syrup in a pan over a low heat, or in the microwave for 30 seconds at a time.
- Add the cornflakes to the chocolate mixture and mix thoroughly.
- Spoon the mixture into the cupcake cases.
- Add a topping of your choice.
- Chill for one hour and enjoy.