Elmlea has partnered with Emily Atack to create a series of easy Easter recipes which are perfect for prepping for the long Easter weekend, freeing up time for readers to spend with family and less time stressing about the Easter feast!
For the cake batter
· 175g unsalted butter
· 225g golden caster sugar
· 3 large eggs
· 220g self-raising flour
· 100g dark chocolate
· 50g milk chocolate drops
· 2tbsp cocoa powder
· Pinch of salt For the chocolate ganache
· 70g dark chocolate
– 70g milk chocolate
· 200ml Elmlea Double
· 1tbsp golden caster sugar Garnish
· Mini eggs, whole or crushed
1. Pre-heat you’re oven to 180*c / gas 4.
2. Line a 12 hole muffin tin with paper cases.
3. Melt the chocolate and butter in a heatproof bowl of barely simmering water. Don’t let the base touch the water and keep an eye on the water, making sure it doesn’t get too hot.
4. Leave to cool.
5. Beat the sugar and eggs until light and fluffy. Fold into the cooled chocolate.
6. Sieve in the flour, cocoa powder and salt. Fold until you have a smooth batter.
7. Divide between the muffin cases and bake for 20 minutes, until risen.
8. Leave to cool in the tin, transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
9. For the ganache, finely chop the chocolate and place into a heatproof bowl.
10. Warm the Elmlea and caster sugar in a saucepan, do not boil. Pour the warmed Elmlea over the chocolate and leave it for a few minutes, stir until you have smooth glossy finish.
11. Cover with cling film and leave to cool, then place in the fridge for a couple of hours to set.
12. Now whisk the ganache until light and fluffy, ideally with an electric hand whisk then pop into a piping bag with a nozzle and pipe a swirl onto each muffin.
13. Sprinkle over some crushed mini eggs and enjoy.