APRIL is when we all hope to get outside in the sun, and the weather does not always oblige.
But you can still get that sunshine feeling with the recipes here from Morrisons.com, which are rich in vitamin D from oily fish, eggs and veg . . .
Tuna and sweetcorn burgers
Preparation time: 20 mins
Cooking time: 8 mins
- 1 tin Princes tuna chunks in spring water
- 15g butter
- 4 spring onions, finely chopped
- 400g mashed potato, cold
- 100g sweetcorn, thawed if frozen
- 1 tbsp fresh chives or parsley, chopped
- Dusting of plain flour
- 1 egg
- 1 drizzle vegetable oil, for frying
- 4 seeded burger buns, split through the middle
- 1 small handful lettuce
- 1 small handful cucumber, chopped
- 1 small handful tomato, chopped
- Drain the can of tuna and tip on to a plate. Break into chunks and set aside.
- Melt the butter in a frying pan and gently fry the spring onions for 2-3 minutes.
- Cool slightly, then mix into the potato with the sweetcorn and chives or parsley.
- Add the tuna, season with salt and pepper and mix together.
- Form into 4 burgers and coat them lightly in plain flour.
- Beat the egg in a shallow bowl.
- Dip the burgers in the egg and coat them in the flour once more.
- Chill until ready to cook.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan and shallow-fry the burgers for 3-4 minutes per side, until golden brown.
- Drain on kitchen paper.
- Toast or chargrill the cut sides of the burger buns, then add the tuna burgers and serve them with lettuce, cucumber, tomato, salt and pepper.
- l Recipe provided by Princes
Spinach and red-pepper egg muffins
(Makes 12 muffins)
Preparation time: 15 mins
Cooking time: 25 mins
- 6 eggs
- 100ml semi-skimmed milk
- 50g Cheddar cheese, grated
- 2 handfuls fresh spinach, wilted
- 3 red peppers, finely chopped
- Preheat the oven to 180C/gas mark 4/160C fan.
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs until smooth.
- Add in the milk, salt and cheese then mix together. Stir in the spinach and chopped red pepper.
- Spray a regular 12-cup muffin pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Ladle the egg mixture into each muffin cup until three-quarters full.
- Top with additional grated cheese.
- Place the muffin tray in the oven and bake for 25 mins.
- Once cooked, let them cool for 30 mins before removing from the tray.
- Serve and enjoy.
Know someone who is self-isolating? Ensure they get the groceries they need with the Morrisons Doorstep Delivery service.
Whether for a family member away at university, an elderly relative or a vulnerable neighbour, you can order their groceries over the phone to be delivered to their home the next day.
Payment is taken when the groceries are delivered from the local Morrisons store.
The service runs seven days a week and delivery is free for elderly and vulnerable customers – or you can choose to pay £1.50 toward delivery costs.
The person receiving the groceries must live within ten miles of a Morrisons store.
Deliveries will adhere to current social-distancing rules, so please pay by contactless card where possible.
The four sex positions guaranteed to drive women wild from Angling to Shallowing
I’ve kept my hair blonde for 11 years WITHOUT a hairdresser & it costs £2 a year
I wore a C-cup my whole life, but I’m an H – how to check if your bra fits
Life with fibromyalgia is hell but I’m told I’m too pretty to be ill
WASH THIS SPACE
Cleaning fan reveals why you should ALWAYS put washing powder in the drum
HAIR WE GO
I spent £1k on 10-hour pamper to celebrate salons opening- including full laser
Chip-and-pin payments are accepted but there are no cash payments.
Orders must be placed before 5pm for next-day delivery.
Find out more at my.morrisons.com/doorstep-deliveries.