Just when you thought you’d reached peak Biscoff – think again – because people are making Biscoff Cake Jars and they look unreal.
Featuring layer upon layer of vanilla or chocolate sponge, velvety buttercream and lashings of Biscoff spread, the jars are then loaded with whipped cream, chocolate chunks and crushed biscuits.
They really are what Biscoff dreams are made of. And they’d make a perfect summer dessert for that outdoor garden gathering you’re planning.
So how do you make them? Well, they couldn’t be easier tbh. We’ve put together a handy ingredients list – and recipe – so you can rustle them up and impress your guests. Don’t forget you’ll need a jar!
– 150g self raising flour
– 50g cocoa powder (optional, for chocolate sponge)
– Milk chocolate and white chocolate chunks/chips
– First off, you’ll need to make your sponge. To do this, pre-heat your oven to 190ºc/170ºc fan/Gas 5 and line a cake tin.
– Mix your sponge ingredients together, adding cocoa if you wish to make a chocolate sponge, before baking in the oven for around 20-30 minutes.
– Once the sponge has baked, leave it to cool. In the meantime, make your butter cream by mixing together your ingredients.
– When the cake has cooled, you can start assembling your jar!
– Create a layer of Biscoff spread and a layer of butter cream at the bottom of the jar, before adding a layer of sponge and your chocolate chips. Repeat until you reach the top.
– To finish, add a generous spray of whipped cream, before adding your crushed Biscoff biscuits. Finally, top with a full Biscoff biscuit!
You can also add extras such as caramel or chocolate sauce. Need some inspo’?! Take a look below…