Coming up on Girls Night Out tonight I talked about a guy who has been going to the same local gas station for the last 20 years and always buys these amazing biscuits in which one day he bout a pack for his daughter in which she informed him that he had been eating dog treats! I also talked about a haunted stone in Japan that had been keeping a demon trapped inside of it for the last 900 years but, not anymore because it broke apart earlier this month and what legend says that means. The Academy Awards is also happening tomorrow night apparently it’s supposed to be the best show in years!! Also I have a new TV show (Space Force), cocktail (Mai Tai), recipe (Do Nothing Cake), and some Academy Award Facts for my Food For Thought.
KELLY’S FOOD FOR THOUGHT:
- The name of the trophy is actually the “Academy Award of Merit”.
- The record for the shortest acceptance speech is shared by Alfred Hitchcock and William Holden. They both simply said, “Thank you.”
- Jennifer Lawrence wore the most expensive dress in Oscars history at the 2013 ceremony: her bluish-pink Dior Couture ballgown was valued at $4 million when it was lent to her.
- Meryl Streep accidentally forgot her Oscar in the bathroom during the 1979 Academy Award festivities.
COCKTAIL OF THE WEEK: MAI TAI
How to make:
Step 1: Combine 1oz spiced rum, 2oz coconut rum, a squeeze of grenadine, half the glass with orange juice and the other half with pineapple juice making sure to leave room at the top for ice.
Step 2: Give your glass a stir and add ice.
- Spiced Rum
- Coconut Rum
- Pineapple Juice
- Orange Juice
RECIPE OF THE WEEK: DO NOTHING CAKE
How to make:
- Granulated Sugar
- Nuts (which ever ones are you favourites)
- Baking Soda
- Vanilla Extract
- Crushed Pineapple
- Shredded Coconut
- Evaporated Milk