This is the easiest recipe for Homemade Pepperoni Pizza Rolls! Melty mozzarella and parmesan is rolled up with seasoning and thin slices of pepperoni, for deliciously cheesy pizza pinwheels. Dip them in pizza sauce for the perfect easy appetizer, or a new twist on pizza night!
Want more pizza dinner ideas? Check out this easy taco pizza recipe!
Easiest Ever Pizza Rolls
Talk abut the most epic easy dinner, game day snack, or winning appetizer recipe! These MEGA easy Homemade Pizza Rolls that has my whole family hooked! What’s not to love about a dippable, golden-baked pizza pinwheel loaded with melty cheese and juicy pepperoni? These pizza rolls take less than 20 minutes to make and are unbelievably tasty. I can’t wait to make them again for a potluck or pizza night!
What You’ll Need
The ingredients list for pizza rolls is short and sweet:
- Flour: For covering your work surface.
- Refrigerated Pizza Dough: The canned tubes of dough found on the refrigerator aisle are perfect for these rolls, and so convenient!
- Seasoning: Garlic powder and Italian seasoning for extra flavor. In place of the Italian blend, you can use a combination of dried oregano, basil, and parsley.
- Cheese: Freshly grated parmesan and mozzarella cheese.
- Pepperoni: Thinly sliced.
- Olive Oil
- Marinara: Or pizza sauce. For serving and dipping!
Let’s Make Some Pizza Rolls!
This is one of the best recipes for pizza rolls largely because they’re so easy to roll out, fill with toppings, and then bake. Ready in under 20 minutes! Here’s how to make your homemade pepperoni pizza rolls:
Prep the Dough: Roll out the pizza crusts into even rectangles on a floured surface. Drizzle each crust with olive oil and give them a sprinkle of seasoning.
Add the Fillings: Cover the dough with an even layer of mozzarella and parmesan, topped with a single layer of pepperoni.
Roll & Cut: Roll the dough tightly into even-sized logs. Cut each log into 12 even slices (a serrated knife works best for this).
Bake: Place the rolls cut-side-up on a lined baking sheet. Pop them in a preheated oven to bake until the dough is golden and the cheese is nice and melted. Once they’re cooked, give them a few minutes to cool on the baking sheet before serving them with pizza sauce for dipping!
Tips for the Best Pizza Rolls
- Halve the Recipe: Feeding a smaller crowd? Halve this recipe to make 12 rolls instead.
- Don’t Overload on Pizza Toppings: Be mindful of how many toppings you put on your pizza! Overloading the dough may cause it to tear when you go to roll it.
- If Your Dough Is Too Sticky: If you’re struggling with dough that is too sticky when handling and rolling, try wetting your fingers a little. If you’re worried that the dough logs will become sticky while you’re trying to cut them, pop them in the fridge to chill for 15 minutes first.
- Different Pan Options: These pinwheels can be baked in a muffin pan, or in a 9×13 baking pan as well, without changing the baking time.
Tasty Variation Ideas
You can customize the filling ingredients, too, making these quick and easy pizza rolls the ultimate party appetizer or even a light snack. Here are some pizza roll variations to try:
- Vegetarian Pizza Rolls: Make these pizza rolls vegetarian by using any of your preferred veggies. Bell peppers, sun dried tomatoes, spinach, grilled zucchini, etc.
- Regina: Mushrooms and bacon.
- Greek: Feta, olives, and tomatoes.
- Hawaiian: Pineapple and ham.
- Pesto: Pesto, pine nuts, and cherry tomatoes.
- Spicy Chicken: Diced chicken and jalapeño.
How to Store and Reheat Extras
Leftover pizza rolls can be refrigerated in an airtight container for up to 3 days. I like to reheat mine in the preheated oven at 350°F, for a few minutes until they’re warmed through. However, these can be reheated quickly in the microwave as well! (I recommend the oven method for crisp pizza rolls.)
Can I Freeze These?
You can freeze baked pizza rolls for easy reheating! Leave the rolls on the baking tray to cool completely, and then place the whole tray into the freezer to pre-freeze. Once solid, transfer the pizza rolls to a freezer bag or freezer-friendly container. They’ll keep frozen for up to 2-3 months.
Reheat your rolls from frozen for 20-30 minutes in a 350°F oven, or until they’re heated through, and serve!
Want to freeze the unbaked rolls? Simply freeze them flat on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper, then transfer the frozen, unbaked rolls to an airtight, freezer-safe container. When you are ready to cook them proceed with the baking instructions below. You will need to add a couple minutes to the baking time to compensate for the rolls being frozen before baking.
More Fun Appetizers and Snacks
The easiest recipe for Homemade Pepperoni Pizza Rolls! Melty cheese and juicy pepperoni is rolled up inside deliciously dip-able pizza pinwheels. The perfect easy appetizer, or a new twist on pizza night!
- 1/4 cup flour
- 2 (13.8- ounce) tubes pizza dough
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 cup fresh grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 cups grated mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup thin sliced pepperoni
- 1 cup marinara or pizza sauce for dipping
- Preheat the oven to 425°F. Line 1 large baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Sprinkle flour on a clean counter. Roll out each pizza crust and press into an even rectangle shape. Drizzle each crust with 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Sprinkle each dough evenly with 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder, 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt, and 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning.
- Add on half of the parmesan and mozzarella onto the dough. Finish by spreading on the pepperoni evenly.
- From the short side, roll the dough up tightly into an even log, pinching the dough at the end to seal. Use a serrated knife to cut each log into 12 equal slices.
- Place the rolls onto the lined baking sheet 1 1/2 – 2 inches apart. Bake for 11 – 13 minutes, or until the rolls are golden and the cheese is melted. Allow the rolls to cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes and serve with warm pizza sauce.
This recipe can easily be cut in half to make 12 rolls.
Store airtight in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
To reheat, place in a preheated 350°F oven for 5 minutes until warm. Or reheat in the microwave.
Keywords: recipes for pizza rolls, easy appetizer ideas
Want To Save This Recipe?
PIN for later: