When we heard that Rockstar Spirits launched a banana flavoured rum we knew there was a great cocktail waiting to be made. The cocktail, a banana colada, with its smooth spiced rum and tropical flavours of pineapple, coconut and banana will transport you on holiday instantly.
What are the ingredients for a Banana Colada?
To make a banana colada we recommend using their banana bomb rum (which is infused with natural banana, spices and salted caramel), cream of coconut, which is essential in making a great pina colada (recipe below), pineapple juice and fresh bananas for a tropical drink that you can’t resist.
How to make a Banana Colada – serves 2
- 100ml Banana Bomb Rum
- 250ml Fresh Pineapple Juice
- 2 Fresh Banana’s
- 60ml Cream of Coconut
- A large handful of ice
- Fresh pineapple to garnish (optional)
- Add all ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth.
- Garnish in a highball glass with a slice of pineapple, pineapple leaf and a straw.
How to make Cream of Coconut
- 400ml of full-fat coconut milk
- 375g caster sugar
- Small pinch of salt
- Combine all ingredients into a small pot and gently heat and stir until the sugar dissolves
- Transfer to an empty bottle or measuring jug and cool to room temperature before use.
- Store in the fridge for up to one week.
Sign up to our newsletter to get more articles like this delivered straight to your inbox.
In need of some positivity? Get delicious recipe ideas, uplifting lifestyle news, and fashion and beauty tips. Make the most of your time at home and enjoy Good Housekeeping delivered directly to your door every month!
This content is created and maintained by a third party, and imported onto this page to help users provide their email addresses. You may be able to find more information about this and similar content at piano.io