Mug cakes appear to be the latest food trend – and recipe for quick and delicious banana bread takes just 90 seconds in the microwave.
The cakes are a super simple way to whip up dessert when you’ve got a sweet tooth with just a few simple store cupboard ingredients.
Instagram foodie @Cakeontherun has shared her favourite banana bread mug cake recipe.
It’s requires just five basic ingredients and can be made vegan friendly too as it contains no eggs, Surrey Live reports.
The banana bread recipe serves one person and can be enjoyed straight from the mug.
Below is the full recipe along with some top tips if you’ve never made a mug cake before.
Banana mug cake recipe (serves 1)
- 50g (3 heaped tbsp) self raising flour
- 30g (3 heaped tbsp) any sugar
- 30g (1 heaped tbsp) margarine
- 30g (1/3 banana) overripe banana
- Pinch of ground cinnamon
- Mash the banana in a mug.
Add the margarine, sugar and cinnamon and mix with a spoon until combined.
- Then add the flour and mix until smooth and creamy.
- Pop the mug in the microwave on high for 90 seconds
- Eat straight away.
If you are vegan, check your margarine has no traces of milk.
Top tips for the best mug cake