KFC has created a new at-home recipe that includes popular menu items such as Popcorn Chicken and potato and gravy as part of the chain’s Kentucky Fried Cookin’ series.
The Popcorn Chicken savoury cupcake has been created in partnership with KFC superfan Morgan Hipworth, who owns artisan Melbourne-based bakehouse Bistro Morgan.
The popular first iteration of the series was launched during lockdown last year and saw fans across Australia recreating a range of unique dishes at home, including the Kentucky Fried Brekkie, Popcorn Chicken Nachos, Zinger Parmy and Hot & Spicy Mac ‘n’ Cheese.
KFC will be partnering with more Australian chefs and foodies during 2021 to bring a variety of KFC-inspired dishes to homes across the country.
Popcorn Chicken Savoury Cupcake (Makes 15)
- 1 serve of large Potato & Gravy
- 1 large KFC Popcorn Chicken
For the cornbread cupcakes:
- 3/4 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1 1/2 cups plain flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup canned creamed corn
- 125 grams melted butter
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup milk
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all the dry ingredients and make a well in the centre. Add the remaining ingredients and gradually mix to combine.
- Divide between cupcake liners and bake for 20-30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Pour the gravy from the potato and gravy into a bowl. Spoon the remaining potato into another bowl and stir to combine the potato and any remaining gravy.
- Transfer the potato to a piping bag fitted with a round nozzle.
- Pipe the potato on the top to resemble frosting on a cupcake. Top with 4-5 pieces of popcorn chicken and then spoon on around 1/2 tablespoon of KFC gravy to garnish.
If you’d like to view this content, please adjust your .