I can’t believe I’m doing this.
I have said it for months and months, and year after year, I would never share my highly coveted Sugar Cookie Recipe. Now, I’m sure you’re thinking, “what’s soooo good about your sugar cookie recipe that you felt the need to keep it a secret”?
This is not your typical sugar cookie recipe; this recipe is the type of recipe that people demand from you the second they take their very first bite. I can personally attest that traditional sugar cookies are mediocre at best, or at least that’s my and my husband’s opinions. So, even if you traditionally hate sugar cookies, please please please give this recipe a try.
I promise you’ll end up loving them!
Sugar Cookie Ingredients
- 1 1/2 Cups Sugar
- 1 Cup Butter – Room Temp
- 3 Eggs
- 1 Tsp Vanilla
- 1/2 Tsp Salt
- 4 Tsp Baking Powder
- 4 Cups Flour
Royal Icing Ingredients
- 4 Cups Powdered Sugar
- 3/4 Cup Meringue Powder
- 2 Tbsp Vanilla – (or flavor of your choice
- 1 1/3 Cup Warm Water
Now that you’ve gathered all of your needed ingredients, it’s now time to have a little fun making and baking these delicious treats.
Sugar Cookie Recipe
- Mix sugar and butter until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, mix salt, baking powder, and flour.
- Gradually add the second mixture of ingredients to the first.
- Mix well.
- Sprinkle flour on your counter.
- Roll dough onto floured area.
- Cut into desired shapes.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 8-10 minutes.
Royal Icing Recipe
- Combine powdered sugar and meringue powder.
- In a measuring cup, mix warm water and vanilla.
- Add water and vanilla mixture to the first mixture.
- Mix in a stand mixer or with a hand mixer until you have a consistency of toothpaste.
- Separate royal icing into bowls and add food coloring of choice.
- Now it’s time to frost your sugar cookies.
Hey, have you downloaded our FREE app? If not, you totally should. With the app, you can stream us anywhere at any time; you can also send us messages, win exclusive prizes, and you’ll even get the latest breaking news sent right to your phone. Want to download the app right now? All you’ve got to do is enter your mobile number below, and we’ll send a download link right to your mobile device. It’s that easy!