The easiest pudding in the world. Make it for friends – putting it together at the end of the meal (though make the strawberry sauce beforehand). You just have to assemble them fast. You can use this as a blueprint: try peach melba, made with raspberries and peaches, or cherry and chocolate with pistachio ice cream.
Prep time: 10 minutes, plus 15 minutes macerating | Cooking time: 2 minutes
- 400g halved or sliced strawberries (it depends on their size – large ones look better sliced)
- 8 slices of brioche
- 460g vanilla ice cream
- Icing sugar, for dusting
For the strawberry purée
- 265g hulled and chopped strawberries
- 3 tbsp caster sugar
- First, make the strawberry purée. Put the chopped strawberries into a food processor with 50ml warm water and the caster sugar. Whizz to a purée.
- Add the sliced or halved strawberries and leave for 15 minutes.
- Toast the brioche on both sides. Scoop ice cream on to 4 slices. Spoon on some of the strawberries in purée. Put a brioche ‘lid’ on top, then repeat the ice cream, strawberries and purée. Sift a little icing sugar on top and serve immediately.