Fresh From Florida Recipe
BREVARD COUNTY, FLORIDA – Fresh From Florida shows you how to make a delicious recipe for Florida mango upside down cupcake.
▪ 2 cups Florida mango, diced small
▪ ½ cup light brown sugar
▪ 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
▪ 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
▪ 1 cup whipped cream (store bought or homemade)
▪ Fresh mint, for garnish (optional)
▪ 1 cake mix (store bought or homemade)
▪ Preheat oven to 375 degrees if using the homemade recipe (if using store bought, follow package instructions).
▪ Prepare cupcake batter using box mix or homemade recipe provided. Once the batter is prepared, place cupcake liners in the cupcake pan and set aside.
▪ In a small sauce pan over low heat combine the brown sugar, butter, vanilla and mix until smooth. Add the diced mangos and stir to combine.
▪ Remove from heat and allow to cool for 5-10 minutes. Once cool, add a tablespoon of mango mixture to each cupcake liner.
▪ Using an ice cream scoop, evenly divide the batter into the liners (about ⅔ full) do not overfill. Bake for about 16-18 minutes (if using the scratch made recipe) or until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted. Set aside to cool completely. Top with whipped cream and mint sprig, if desired.
CLICK HERE FOR BREVARD COUNTY NEWS