What You’ll Need
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 (16.5-ounce) package yellow cake mix
- 1 (4-serving) package instant vanilla pudding mix
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup water, divided
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup Irish cream liqueur, divided
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) butter
- 1 cup sugar
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Coat a Bundt pan with cooking spray. Sprinkle chopped pecans evenly over bottom of pan.
- In a large bowl with an electric mixer on high, beat cake and pudding mixes, eggs, 1/4 cup water, the vegetable oil, and 3/4 cup liqueur for 2 minutes. Pour batter over nuts in pan.
- Bake 55 to 60 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Let cool 5 minutes in pan.
- To make the glaze, in a medium saucepan over medium heat, combine butter, sugar, and remaining 1/4 cup water. Cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally; remove from heat and stir in remaining 1/4 cup liqueur.
- With a fork, prick holes in top of cake and pour half the glaze slowly over cake. After glaze soaks into cake, invert cake onto a serving platter and pour remaining glaze over cake. Let cool completely then cover lightly until ready to serve.
Test Kitchen Tip
- We love this Irish Cream Cake recipe! If you’re looking to whip up a full St. Patrick’s Day menu, try our Dressed Up Irish Stew, this yummy Fried Cabbage, or, for something truly in the spirit, try our St. Patrick’s Day Special!
- For more Irish desserts, check out this smooth and minty Irish Milk Shake, this sweet-as-can-be Shamrock Shortbread, or, one of our favorites, the “Luck of the Irish” Cake!
- Did you know that St. Paddy’s Day was originally a celebration to commemorate the life of Saint Patrick and the arrival of Christianity in Ireland? It takes place on Saint Patrick’s death, believed to be March, 17th, 461 AD. Pretty interesting fact!