I’ve been testing out dairy-free custard recipes (coming soon!), which left me with a little stockpile of egg whites. I was looking up ideas to use them, and stumbled across an old favorite 3-Ingredient Peanut Butter Cookies. Honestly, I’d never thought to make them with egg whites, instead of whole eggs, but they turn out nicely. They bake up with a slightly lighter crisp and less chew than their whole egg counterparts.
Peanut Butter Cookies with Just 3 Ingredients that use Egg Whites
Each small batch uses up 2 egg whites, and you can double it if you have more on hand, or half it if you only have one egg white to use up. It’s a handy little recipe that’s quick, easy, and quite versatile. I’ve includes several options for customizing to taste.
My favorite option was the chocolate dip. It isn’t shown in my photos (they were a little melty in the humid weather we’re having right now!), but a thin dark chocolate coat went so well with the thick but gently crisp peanut butter cookies.
Special Diet Notes: 3-Ingredient Peanut Butter Cookies
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, gluten-free, grain-free, tree nut-free, soy-free, oil-free, and vegetarian. I’ve included an egg-free and vegan option.
3-Ingredient Peanut Butter Cookies (with Egg Whites)
Author: Alisa Fleming
Recipe type: Dessert
- 2 large egg whites
- 1 cup peanut butter (add ⅓ teaspoon salt if using unsalted peanut butter)
- ¾ cup + 2 tablespoons sugar
- Preheat your oven to 325°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a mixing bowl, beat the egg whites until soft or medium peaks form.
- In another medium bowl, stir or beat together the peanut butter and sugar until combined. Fold in the egg whites.
- Scoop the batter by the tablespoon, and place on your prepared baking sheet. Flatten slightly while making crisscross lines with a fork.
- Bake the cookies for 15 to 20 minutes, or until set and to your desired doneness.
- Remove the cookies to wire racks to cool. They will firm up as they cool.
Brown Sugar Option: Substitute all or part of the sugar with brown sugar. If using all packed brown sugar, reduce to ¾ cup.
Vanilla Option: If you want more of a mellow peanut butter-vanilla flavor, add ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract.
Egg-Free Option: You can substitute ¼ cup aquafaba for the egg whites.
Serving size: 1 cookie Calories: 99 Fat: 5.3g Saturated fat: .8g Carbohydrates: 9.3g Sugar: 7.6g Sodium: 32mg Fiber: .7g Protein: 3g
For More Easy Everyday Recipes, Get Go Dairy Free!