Store this no bake slice in a sealed container in the fridge, then whip it out as the perfect addition to afternoon tea. It’s extra good served with a scoop of ice cream on top…
* Recipe: Philippa Cameron’s picnic pie
* Recipe: Pear, honey and tahini cupcakes
* Recipe: Banana and blackberry cake with whipped cinnamon coconut yoghurt topping
* Recipe: Mona Colgan’s Sponge Drops
Annabelle White’s Nut Slice
- 125g butter, chopped
- 2 tablespoons golden syrup
- ½ 395g can sweetened condensed milk (around 200g)
- 1 250g packet Arrowroot biscuits, crushed (use food processor)
- ½ cup slivered almonds, toasted (dry pan for a few minutes on hob)
- 60g Kremelta vegetable shortening
- 250g block hazelnut chocolate, chopped
Line a greased square 23cmx 23cm cake tin with baking paper.
Combine butter, golden syrup and condensed milk in a saucepan, stir over low heat until butter is melted and simmer very gently for 2 mins.
Place the crushed biscuits and nuts in a large bowl, add the butter mixture, mix well and press evenly into the cake tin.
Combine the Kremelta and chocolate in pot (you can use the butter pot – saves more washing up) and stir over low heat until just melted and pour over the slice and refrigerate.
Serve small thin slices to go with tea or coffee.