There’s something about a marble pound cake that says comfort to me. Nothing better than sitting down with a warm cup of coffee or tea and a delicious homemade cake.
This cake is super moist and easy to make. Add some chocolate chips if you like, or keep it exactly as is. Either way, I know you will enjoy it!
MARBLE POUND CAKE
1 cup margarine
3 cups flour
1 1/2 cups sugar
2 tbsp baking powder
1 1/3 cup almond milk, coconut milk or soy milk
1⁄2 cup applesauce
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/3 cup dark cocoa
1/3 cup water or more
1/3 of the vanilla cake batter
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. In a large mixing bowl, combine all the cake ingredients with an electric mixer until the batter is smooth.
3. Pour 2/3 of the batter into a well-greased pan. (I used two loaf pans)
4. In a small bowl, combine the cocoa and water until smooth, add to remaining cake batter until well-combined.
5. Pour chocolate batter over the vanilla batter and swirl slightly until mixture looks slightly marbleized.
6. Bake for 40 to 50 minutes or until cake is set and pulling away from the edge and a toothpick comes out clean.
York Region resident Amy Stopnicki is an award-winning cookbook author, event planner, food blogger and mother of four. You can find her on Instagram at @amystopnicki_ or email her at email@example.com.