In an effort to offer clients access to healthier food alternatives, Bermudian personal trainer Kai Peters has provided a recipe for low-fat fish cakes in light of the upcoming Easter holiday.
A spokesperson said, “Throughout the pandemic, Bermudian personal trainer Kai Peters has continued to support his clients virtually, overcoming the limitations and restrictions of lockdown, to help them achieve their fitness goals.
“With Easter approaching, typically a time of decadent celebration, Kai reached out to Massimo Bernasconi, Executive Chef at The Rustico Group of Restaurants, to ensure his clients had access to healthier alternatives of our favourite hot cross buns and fish cakes.
“Inspired by the positive feedback received thus far, Kai wanted to ensure everyone had access to the recipes, starting with the low-fat fish cakes:
- 250 g white fish [codfish or halibut]
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp parsley
- 450 g boiled sweet potatoes
- 2 eggs
- 80 g breadcrumbs
- 4 tsp Vegetable oil
If cooking in a skillet:
- 2 tbsp plain flour
- Salt and pepper to taste
“Combine all of the ingredients for the fish cakes in a bowl and mix well. Form mixture into four patties.
“Heat a large non-stick skillet over medium-low heat, and spray with cooking spray. Cook each patty on each side for about 5 minutes, or until cooked through, and slightly golden brown on the outside.
- “Bake them in a 425-degree oven for a total of 15 minutes, flipping them halfway through cooking.
- “Cook in an Air Fryer [360º – 380º depending on your Air Fryer].
- “Preheat your Air Fryer for at least 3 – 5 minutes. Spray fish cakes lightly or brush lightly with olive oil. Cook for 4-6 minutes, flip, lightly spray/brush the other side and cook for another 4-6 minutes.
“If you’d like to get your hands on the gluten and dairy-free hot cross bun recipe, please visit here.”
Read More About