We usually find pleasure in the simplest treats. Freshly baked muffins are one of the easiest and quickest baked treats to create.
Create these delicious homemade lemon poppy seed muffins to enjoy throughout the week for breakfast, or for a snack.
Lemon poppy seed muffins
- 3 cups of all-purpose flour
- 1 cup of sugar
- 2 tablespoons of poppy seeds
- 1 tablespoons of baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1 1/2 cup of plain whole milk yoghurt or low-fat yoghurt
- 2 tablespoons of fresh lemon juice, optional
- 1 1/2 tablespoon of grated lemon zest
- 2 large eggs
- 8 tablespoon of unsalted butter, melted and cooled
For the glaze
- 1/4 cup of sugar
- 1/4 cup of lemon juice
- coarse sugar for sprinkling, optional
ALSO TRY: Recipe of the day: One-pan honey mustard chicken breasts and vegetables
- Adjust oven rack to middle position and heat oven to 180 degrees C. Grease 12-cup muffin tin.
- Whisk flour, sugar, poppy seeds, baking powder, baking soda, and salt together in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, whisk yogurt, lemon zest, and eggs until smooth. Gently fold yogurt mixture into flour mixture until just combined. Fold in melted butter. Do not overmix. If you overmix, the muffins will be dense.
- Divide batter evenly among prepared muffin cups. Bake until golden brown and toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, 20 to 25 minutes. Rotate muffin tin halfway through baking.
- While muffins are baking, simmer sugar and lemon juice together in a small saucepan over medium heat until it turns into a light syrup, about 3-5 minutes.
- Remove muffin tin to a wire rack. Brush with lemon syrup. Sprinkle with coarse sugar. Let muffins cool in tin for 5 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack and let cool for another 10 minutes before serving.
This recipe was found on a-kitchen-addiction.com