Thandai is one of the most popular beverages to make for Holi. While everyone is making this cool beverage during Holi, how about you try Neha Mathur’s Thandai Cake this time. It is a delicious spin on the traditional Thandai and is packed with beautiful Thandai flavors, that will surely turn the heads around.
This eggless Thandai flavored cake will win your hearts with its soft and moist texture and incredible taste. The super-soft Thandai Cake has a creamy frosting, that takes the taste to another level. The addition of rose water, saffron, cardamom powder along with the thandai powder, makes it an apt and unique dessert choice to serve after your special festive meals.
Recipe: Thandai Cake
· All-Purpose Flour – 2 cups
· Thandai Powder – 4 tbsp
· Baking Powder – 2 tsp
· Baking Soda – 1/2 tsp
· Yogurt – 1/2 cup
· Melted Butter – 1/2 cup
· Granulated Sugar – 1 cup
· Vanilla extract – 1 tsp
· Rose Water – 1/4 tsp
· Buttermilk – 1 cup (mix 1 cup milk with 3-4 drops of lime juice and keep aside for 5 minutes to make homemade buttermilk)
· Cream Cheese – 8 oz
· Whipped Cream – 1 cup
· Confectioner’s Sugar – 1/2 cup
· Rose Water – 1/2 tsp
· Cardamom Powder – 1 tsp
· Saffron – 1 pinch (Soaked in 1 tbsp milk)
· Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (180 degrees C)
· Line a 9 inch round baking pan with parchment paper and grease the sides with butter.
· Mix all-purpose flour, thandai powder, baking powder, and baking soda in a bowl and keep aside.
· Add yogurt, melted butter, granulated sugar in a large mixing bowl, and whisk for 3-4 minutes on medium speed using a handheld mixer.
· Add vanilla extract, rose water, and buttermilk and mix well.
· Add the flour mixture and fold until just combined.
· Pour the batter into the prepared pan.
· Bake for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean.
· Remove the cake from the oven and let it cool in the pan for 5 minutes.
· Transfer the cake to a wire rack and cool completely.
· Whisk cream cheese, and confectioner’s sugar until light and fluffy.
· Add the whipped cream and whisk until combined.
· Add the rose water, cardamom powder, and saffron soaked in milk and whisk well.
· Top the frosting over the cooled cake and garnish with slivered dry fruits and dried rose petals.