There are so many ways to decorate a cake and most of them dont require any special tools. But if you want to get really creative with your cake decorating, you might want to invest in some specialized equipment. Here are a few home-made cake decorating items to help you take your cakes to the next level:
1. Cake turntable: A cake turntable is a must-have for anyone serious about cake decorating. It allows you to easily rotate your cake while youre working on it, so you can get a perfect finish.
2. Decorating bags and tips: These are essential for creating intricate designs on your cakes. Decorating bags come in different sizes and tips can be swapped out to create different effects.
3. Fondant tools: Fondant is a popular cake decoration because it can be used to create all sorts of shapes and designs. Youll need some specialized tools to work with fondant, including a rolling pin, cutting tools, and molds.
4. Airbrush: An airbrush can be used to add color and design to your cakes. Its a great way to create gradient effects or add a bit of shimmer.
5. Cake stencils: Cake stencils can be used to create all sorts of patterns on your cakes. You can find stencils for just about any design you can imagine, or you can create your own.
With the right tools, you can create just about any cake design you can imagine. So get creative and have fun!