Cake decorating is an art that has been around for centuries. However, in recent years, there has been a surge in the popularity of cake decorating, thanks in part to shows like Cake Boss and Ace of Cakes. As a result, there are now more cake decorating supplies available than ever before. If you’re looking to get into cake decorating, or if you’re simply looking for some new supplies, here are some of the most popular items:
1. Fondant: Fondant is a type of icing that can be rolled out and used to cover cakes. It can also be used to make decorations.
2. Cake Boards: Cake boards are used to support cakes and keep them level.
3. Cake Pans: Cake pans come in a variety of shapes and sizes and are used to bake the cake.
4. Cake Turntable: A cake turntable is a rotating platform that is used to help decorate cakes.
5. Icing Bag: An icing bag is a bag made of cloth or plastic that is fitted with a nozzle. It is used to pipe icing onto cakes.
6. Decorating Tips: Decorating tips are used to create different designs with icing.
7. Frosting: Frosting is a type of icing that is used to cover cakes. It can be made from scratch or bought pre-made.
8. Sprinkles: Sprinkles are small pieces of candy that are used to decorate cakes and cupcakes.
9. Gum Paste: Gum paste is a type of paste that is used to make decorations. It dries hard and can be molded into different shapes.
10. Marzipan: Marzipan is a type of paste made from almonds. It is often used to make decorations or to cover cakes.