When it comes to cake decorating, there are some items that are timeless and always in style. Here are a few of those items and their names:
1. Fondant – Fondant is a smooth, pliable icing that can be used to cover cakes or create decorations. It comes in a variety of colors and can be flavored to suit your cake.
2. Piping bags – Piping bags are used to pipe icing, frosting, and other decorations onto cakes. They come in a variety of sizes and can be fitted with a variety of tips to create different effects.
3. Cake boards – Cake boards are used to support cakes and keep them level. They come in a variety of sizes and can be covered with fondant or decorated with ribbon.
4. Cake toppers – Cake toppers are used to decorate the top of cakes. They can be simple or elaborate, and can be made from a variety of materials including plastic, metal, and wood.
5. Gum paste – Gum paste is a pliable, sugar-based dough that can be used to create decorations for cakes. It dries hard and can be painted or dusted with glitter for a unique effect.